Is all 100% cotton clothing ok?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
fionareid30

by fionareid30 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:35 pm

Is all 100% cotton clothing ok?

My son is 2.5 years old and has bad eczema on his legs I have been reading that 100% cotton clothing is best, but does it matter if its organic cotton or is stuff from the high street ok too? I have checked and almost all of his clothes are already 100% cotton but non is organic. Could the dyes in high street stuff be a problem. Will buying clothing at a premium from eczema shops make a difference? Would appreciate advice on this subject,. We only ever wash clothes with eco balls and have a water softner fitted.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:06 am

Re: Is all 100% cotton clothing ok?

Hi there,

I've not used organic clothing.. my daughter with eczema wears cotton, mostly hand-me-down. You may consider wet wraps, as that has been studied to improve eczema. On clothing, I'd say wash twice with hypoallergenic detergent (the first time) if you're concerned. My machine runs a 2 hour cycle to get rid of dust mites and chemical residue.

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Dhaliwa5

by Dhaliwa5 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:13 am

Re: Is all 100% cotton clothing ok?

Yeah 100% cotton clothing is best. It does not cause skin irritation. I work out regularly and even for my work out sessions I like to invest in the cotton made, leggings as well as yoga pants. The brand carbon38 is my favorite because their stuff is always reasonably priced.
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL advertising has been removed. Not permitted in these forums

3 posts