Climate/Weather and Eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

31 posts
Kahl

by Kahl on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:55 am

Re: Climate/Weather and Eczema

It's interesting to know that most have their eczema flare up during winter and that it understandable because of the dry weather. But in my case, I get it worst during the middle of summer when it is really humid. Or possibly it is also because I get more stress when it's hot and that's why my eczema flares up.
Elvin C.

To get info about EFA and eczema, kindly go to this site http://www.deliahealth.com

Jimbob

by Jimbob on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:49 pm

My son flares badly when it is warm, his skin just does not cope well in the heat.
Last edited by Jimbob on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaydean

by Jaydean on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Ive suffered with eczema for about 29 years (Im now 30) and I wanna say, any time ive gone to the carribean or abroad my skin improves, swimming in the sea, I watched the infected skin fall off. Its like the eczema appears to be totally gone, within 2 weeks of being back in the UK it comes back with a vengeance. I personally, think its something to do with the toxins in the air, Uk is really bad for it. And, as if to prove my point, there has been an increase in the number of babies with eczema, when I was a child it was alot less common.

I never thought different seasons affected my skin, it always seemed bad summer or winter. But Ive just got over a really bad spell, in fact I was hospitalised. We had a few warm days in the UK, and my skin has cleared right up. My eczema seems to have powers, it can decide when it wants to be good or bad. Although, my skin is never completely clear, even now it looks inflammed and sore, but Im not walking like the tinman or stiff as a board, so it cant be bad.

My heart bleeds for children with this condition, I remember being terribly disfigured as a child. The bullying came when I was about 12/13, but when I was 5/6/7 I rememeber spending school lunchtimes alone, in a corner. other kids were too frightenend to talk to me?

Something must be done about this. I rmemebr being asked what it was like to have eczema. the closest I came to an answer for soemone who asks is; 'Imagine wearing a wooly jumper on your bare skin which is too small', your literally never comfortable, nearly almost itchy. If someone cant understand how thatd be uncomfortable, they dont understand anything.

Hang in there

qualitee68

by qualitee68 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:58 am

I have had eczema all my life, but it has never been as bad as when I’ve lived in Boston, where I live now. I’m appealing to a small subgroup of people on this site, but I’m hoping I can appeal to people with sensitive skin and eczema who live in some of the places where I’m considering moving

Yoona

by Yoona on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Eczema is a painful skin condition and can get worse. Once you see the immediate symptoms, look for immediate eczema cures. Address your problem right away before it gets painful and shameful for you to manage.

bad credit student loans

charlie7772

by charlie7772 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:29 am

I live in a very warm and humid climate, but i am moving to a very high altitude that is much drier. Im concerned about my skin's ability to cope with the environmental change. I dont get any reactions from my skin when I wear different fabrics or textures in my clothes, but Im nervous about the change. Any pointers?
sincerely, anxious

Patientman86

by Patientman86 on Sun May 12, 2013 6:52 pm

I am in the exact same predicament. I was living in Miami last year and my skin was fine aside from own habitual scratching which I had to cut out. My skin was much better than here in the UK . It's become absolutely disastrous. I can't take it anymore and I'm planning on leaving permanently ASAP to a hotter country. Too many allergies and lack of humidity in the UK. Eczema needs moisture from the air and low allergy environments that in the UK is very hard to find. I'm at my wits END ! Haven't put steroids on my face in years and now I have to , to control this Weil skin condition. I've had other medical problems and I'd take any of those over Eczema. Even my asthma is far more bearable.

mihelges

by mihelges on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:57 pm

I have noticed that my skin is very sensitive to super dry buildings and areas. I have noticed that when I enter places that are super dry my skin instantly feels it and I need to apply lotions. I always either have a tub of lotion with me or a small thing of Vaseline to give my body some moisture.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:14 am

Yup, humidity below a certain level strips moisture from skin - have a humidifier during dry months :)

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

daviesr23

by daviesr23 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:55 am

When Folks consult with eczema, They Often imply Atopic dermatitis, which can be characterized as dry, itchy skin which frequently appears with a reddish rash. This really is the most frequent and chronic kind of psoriasis.

Contact dermatitis:
Contact dermatitis is brought on by contact with irritants. The inflammation goes off as soon as the irritant is eliminated.

What Causes Eczema?
However, the skin irritation that is brought on by eczema isn’t an allergic response. Doctors do believe eczema might be brought on by a mixture of your genetic makeup, immune system, surroundings, activities that could result in skin sensitivity, a skin flaw that does not let moisture germs or out in.
Last edited by talkhealth on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed

31 posts