Advice appreciated

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
amdb1983

by amdb1983 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Advice appreciated

Hi! I’m 36 years old and have had eczema since I was nearly 2 years old, basically my whole life. I struggled with dry skin up until my late teens and then I was lucky up until I was about 28/29 when out of nowhere my skin flared up so badly I ended up in hospital for a week wrapped in bandages. Since then, I have tried light treatment, had various steroid creams and emollients prescribed and tried loads of alternative treatments like bleach baths etc. Nothing worked and I ended up back in hospital, which then resulted in me being on azathioprine for nearly 2 years. I found the medication quite harsh so decided to stop. Recently I’ve had a flare up, my skin is constantly burning and itchy to the point I’m in tears and don’t know what to do. I have to wait 11 days to see a doctor at my surgery as it's not classed as urgent. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or anything I could try? Anything would be appreciated. Thank you!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Advice appreciated

Oh dear, sorry to hear of how your skin has worsened.. can only think of allergy testing i you haven't a recent test to see if there's some triggers that haven't been addressed? Big hugs.
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

CastorOil4Eczema

by CastorOil4Eczema on Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:54 am

Re: Advice appreciated

From my research 1 of 3 things treat eczema:

1 Repairing the skin barrier using an oil high in fatty acids (castor oil) to repair the skin
2 Treating a leaky gut (liver) typically with probiotics
3 Diet elimination of trigger foods (typically dairy, grains and/or eggs)

I agree that an allergy test is a great idea.
I think it's obvious what I used to heal my eczema. So glad to get rid of the cracked broken skin.

3 posts