Eczema or Rosacea

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
MartinFox

by MartinFox on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:57 pm

Eczema or Rosacea

Newbie here, but not a newbie to dry skin. Been suffering for as long as I can remember, mainly on hands, elbow and knee joints. Face has always been dry and I use Nivea in the blue tin to keep it moisturised. About 6 months ago I had an outburst of dry skin around my nose so applied a steroid cream, cut a long story short this ending up in me acquiring Dermatitis Perioral, I stopped using the steroid cream and about 2 months later all ways well and it hasn’t come back.

The reason for this post is I’ve recently been having strange flare ups which I’ve never had before. My cheeks come up bright red, like I’ve sun burnt and then goes down again after a couple of days. The area around my eyes is perfect, also my mouth nose etc. It’s like a thick line has been drawn down my face. I have no idea what this could be. My diet is pretty constant, I have had some recent stress job wise in my life, but other than that I really don’t know what can be trigging these must uncomfortable flare ups. Is it Rosacea, Keratosis pilaris or just a more vicious form of my old friend Eczema?

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Eczema or Rosacea

Oh dear.. best see a dermatologist.. is it itchy? I'm not sure whether apart from eczema, the other skin conditions you mention have itch as a characteristic..

take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

JanetChua

by JanetChua on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:53 pm

I am so glad to have found dermalmd rosacea serum! I suffer from rosacea and eczema and they both seem to flare up in heat and when I am stressed out. This serum soothes my irritated skin instantly and the redness is clearly diminished. I have extremely sensitive and experienced no negative side effects.

LunaLass

by LunaLass on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:59 am

MartinFox wrote:Newbie here, but not a newbie to dry skin. Been suffering for as long as I can remember, mainly on hands, elbow and knee joints. Face has always been dry and I use Nivea in the blue tin to keep it moisturised. About 6 months ago I had an outburst of dry skin around my nose so applied a steroid cream, cut a long story short this ending up in me acquiring Dermatitis Perioral, I stopped using the steroid cream and about 2 months later all ways well and it hasn’t come back.

The reason for this post is I’ve recently been having strange flare ups which I’ve never had before. My cheeks come up bright red, like I’ve sun burnt and then goes down again after a couple of days. The area around my eyes is perfect, also my mouth nose etc. It’s like a thick line has been drawn down my face. I have no idea what this could be. My diet is pretty constant, I have had some recent stress job wise in my life, but other than that I really don’t know what can be trigging these must uncomfortable flare ups. Is it Rosacea, Keratosis pilaris or just a more vicious form of my old friend Eczema?
I had a similar experience with my face. The culprit was my new duvet - I have developed an allergy to polyester and the bright red face was just from contact overnight. My skin overall became increasingly itchy and active. Might be worth considering if you have changed shampoo, facial products or bedding recently.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:58 am

Eczema is most commonly seen on certain parts of the body, although it may also occur on the face. It usually starts in infancy or childhood, but may also affect adults. Both conditions have similar symptoms, such as itchy, red skin.

5 posts