Pompholyx moved on

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

1 post
Judyclemson

by Judyclemson on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Pompholyx moved on

Hello Everyone,

I have suffered off and on with Pompholyx for about 5 years and recently had two bad flare ups on my hands and feet resulting in infection on one foot.

A week off work, fucibet cream plus emollients cleared it up in about 9 days. I had two days clear on feet but hands continued to burn and itch. Normal for me, but then last night it stepped up a gear and I am really unsure what is now going on.

My good foot ( the better of the two) woke me at 1 m with severe pain. Not itching, burning or little electric shocks I normally get, but just pain. I look at my big toe and it had swollen so bad my toe nail was aching. 3 Ibruprofen and ice on toe eased a little and I slept for about 3 hours before the pain started again. As it continued to swell I notice a split come across the top. It was swelling so quickly it split in front of me.
Then my hands started to burn and swell. Worst than ever before. I could feel my wedding ring which I have worn for 28 years cutting in to my skin.

I took a day off work and went to see my GP and he gave me Dermovate. I have put this on twice today and the itching has stopped on hands but the big toe has started to turn into a blue / purple colour . Not all of it, just the are where the pain was.

I am at the hospital next week for allergy tests. Is this an allergy or something else?
I have noticed previously I get the itching when I first wake up. It feels to me like something rushing through my veins straight to my hands and feet, like acid.

Any ideas?