I can barley move my right hand.

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

7 posts
abigail7594

by abigail7594 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:16 pm

I can barley move my right hand.

Hey, my name is Abi, I am 19 years old and I have had eczema since I was a baby. Recently only my hands are being affected but they are so bad, especially my right hand. I have a lot of open wounds and its constantly itchy, the whole of my hands including my wrists are covered in cuts and peeling skin. Im really worried about infection because I work in a shop handling money, and I am a waitress, housekeeper and I work in a bar. I try and wear gloves when i can and I am constantly putting on cream (that doesn't help). Is there anything that anyone recommends? Nothing seems to work and its completely disrupting my life, half of the time i cant even use my hands, even brushing my teeth, using my phone or typing this is such an effort.

Thank you :)

chester_chops

by chester_chops on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Re: I can barley move my right hand.

Hey
I'm a receptionist in a hotel n have similar problems, i soak my hands in luke warm water even tho they sting like mad :( plaster them in steroid cream n doublebase gel wrap them in soft bandages n that normally works although sometimes they become super hot n itchy n this weather doesn't help! My fingers are cracked n cut to death :( I was given this paste stuff from the docs thats suppose to help seal ur hacks quicker but it really pongs n i my skin felt hot n itchy whilst using it but I suppose everyone is different.

abigail7594

by abigail7594 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Thank you for replying :) Is that during the night? I used bandages a while ago but they just stuck to the cuts and it hurt even more.. but i might try again and be more vigilant with the cream..

chester_chops

by chester_chops on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Hey

Nps :) So nice to chat to someone who gets it.
Yes at night i put them on, I was advised to use the cotton gloves that u can by from boots the chemist but they stuck to my skin n I was in tears tryin get to get them off :( my mum actually told me to soak my hands or feet if bandaged if i think the bandages/gloves are sticking n it works but still sore as u will know.

What creams do u use? Bandages are a god send to me n help me to leave them alone. My hands are cut to ribbons just now I can barely type this n I scratched the insides of the creases of my arms to death last night n now they feel bruised n sore but I'd rather they were like that than that god awful itch.

Are you from the uk? Luv to chat more as I don't know anyone who has eczema n it can be a tad isolating as my friends don't really get it like another sufferer would x

abigail7594

by abigail7594 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Hey, yeah i totally agree :)
Ahh ok cool, yeah i've used the white gloves before and like you they stuck to my hands and just made them worse. I know its like a continuous circle.

At the moment I use Doublebase gel and Elidel steroid cream which don't seem to be working at all. How about you? Its horrible :( i always end up scratching my hands and feels so good but then when you're done and you can hardly move them its like the worst thing ever.

Yeah i live in Scotland, how about you? Yep I know exactly what you mean, and when their complaining about stupid things like a broken nail and you're like i can hardly use my hands!

lwaylen84

by lwaylen84 on Mon May 04, 2015 9:57 pm

I feel your pain sometimes My hands are split so much that I cannot bend them, I have no choice but to wash my hands cos I have a young baby. I do this as often as I can and it does seem to help: get yourself some NON Powdered vinyl or latex disposable gloves (you can get them at hardware stores or some supermarkets do packs of 100 or so). (cotton gloves as you say stick to your skin). everyone is different but if you do this at night you won't feel so restricted. I use a cream called EPADERM (white container green writing) use the one in the POT Not the new pump bottle, you can get it in a reasonably small pot or a huge one over the counter. just before you go to bed ensure your hands are clean (run under cold water to cool them down if they are hot and then paste them in this cream and put one pair of plastic gloves on. if you can, get yourself another pair of gloves that are stretchy but tight to hold the plastic ones on. try and go to sleep with them on and keep them on all night if you can. your hands will be sweaty but the cream should have soaked in much better overnight in the plastic gloves. Another thing you can try if you have time is to soak them in a bowl of lukewarm salty water (salt stings like heck but helps with healing) - watch the telly or something! then pat dry and try what i suggested with the cream. if you do this as often as you can I found this helped but everyone is different. Good Luck x

lwaylen84

by lwaylen84 on Mon May 04, 2015 10:00 pm

PS i was prescribed doublebase and it stung my skin like a bu$$er. I personally found Epaderm the best. Also avoid E45 which also stings. hydrocortizone can be put on first then the epaderm then the plastic gloves (see previous post). good luck !

7 posts