The pill and Eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
lwaylen84

by lwaylen84 on Mon May 04, 2015 9:45 pm

The pill and Eczema

Hi I have been on the pill for 10 years on and off and despite changing it many times it still causes my skin on my fingers to split and be raw for no apparent reason. I also suffer from eczema on my face mainly around my mouth and no cream seems to make a difference. E45 hurts my skin like blazes and Epaderm only relieves it for a short time. I have tried lathering myself in cream and putting gloves on overnight but as soon as I remove the gloves it dries up and gets sore again. I have a young baby and cannot always put cream on all the time (especially as it makes it dangerous to drive with slippery hands!) has anyone else experiences this?

WorldTraveller

by WorldTraveller on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:07 pm

Re: The pill and Eczema

Hi,
Not sure if this will help you, but I have had eczema before, during and after using Nuvaring (vaginal ring contraceptive). Are you sure it's the pill that's causing the eczema? If you think it is, then I would try to stop using it for a while, you can also try Nuvaring which is just as effetive and has less impact on your body, as it doesn't travel through your body like the pill :)
Good luck!

2 posts