Worst eczema ive had in my entire life

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
paolag89

by paolag89 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Worst eczema ive had in my entire life

I do t kno what else to do so in a few I'm heading to a hospital, I can barely move because my skin is so tight & it hurts .. Every part of my upper body including my scalp is covered in eczema. For some odd reason my throat also hurts & my gums are swollen by the roof of my mouth.. I've never experience this type of break out. Is this normal ? What else can I do besides go to a hospital ? I have had eczema all my life it comes an it goes.. But what I have now I've never had it this bad . Help !
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (223.73 KiB) Viewed 13654 times

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:41 am

Re: Worst eczema ive had in my entire life

Hope you receive treatment at the hospital - It's definitely not normal for eczema to have throat/gums swollen. Could be an allergic reaction.. keep us updated on what the doctors said and hope you feel better soon, take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

smallred

by smallred on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi Paolag 89,

I am so sorry to see what you are going through and I hope you have since been treated?

Any ideas what caused the flare up or this drastic reaction? Around the same time this year I had a similar reaction across my chest, on my face, neck, arms and strangely across my thighs and below my butt. Likewise, I never ever had it as bad so was quite worried.
I went to the doctors and was given antibiotics that didn't treat it so prescribed a higher dose and stronger steroid cream which eventually has cleared but still needs constant monitoring.
Personally I believe the diet is a strong connection to it but the doctor totally disagreed.

Unfortunately I have no idea how it happened in the first place which is what I wanted, the doctor only wanted to treat and had no interest in finding out why it occurred.

Are you any clearer as to what happened or why?

Appreciate your input and hope you are feeling better.

Alexlai1985

by Alexlai1985 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:33 pm

I like Foderma Advanced Eczema cream and so does my son. I found that it works great for eczema. I used it on my son the daily night before went sleep.

4 posts