Just want someone to talk to

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Mu5ician

by Mu5ician on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:35 am

Just want someone to talk to

I have had eczema all my life. I am now 15 years old. I have had steroids, ciclosporin and light treatment in the past year. Hospital visits are twice a week if not every month. At times I feel like people at school stare at me as I have eczema everywhere. I can talk to my friends about it but they don't really understand everything that comes with eczema. I just wondered if there was anyone who felt the same and would be willing to talk?

poopoo88

by poopoo88 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Re: Just want someone to talk to

i am 48 years old man. severe eczema struck on me 2 years ago.

isolation that i met struck me a lot.

i had hobbies. i feel isolated from these because people in my old hobbies do not treat me anymore same way as i used to. these people i have known look at me and my skin as i was diseased.

some of my close relatives that i used to meet several times a year now want to meet me barely once a year as short time as possible.

i had a friend whom i have known for 25 years. he does not want have anything to do with me and my skin anymore.

i have own business. many of my customers have disappeared because they do not like the look of my skin. this eczema has also had economical consequences on me.

only one who wants to have something to do with me is my daughter.

also these cortesteroids have given me 15 kg (30 pounds) more weight. so eczema has also affected my physical condition.

so now 2 years with this disease and my life looks very different what it used to be.

as an older man i have already seen a lot of this world and can handle these obstacles, but i can imagine what it is like when this disease strucks you when you are young.

hanaka06

by hanaka06 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:45 pm

Re: Just want someone to talk to

Hey there. I know exactly how you feel as I got eczema when I was just a month old and I'm 16 now. The thought of feeling different really effects me mentally but I'm fortunate enough to be surrounded with people who do not just see me as my condition. It also took a long time but I've learnt to love my body and my eczema scars and am now trying to find ways in treating it naturally using ACV and coconut oil.

Just know that you're definitely not alone. You're not the only one who's cried in the shower or in front of the mirror and you're definitely not the only person who has ever felt outcasted. Please stay strong and feel free to talk to me and others! You're not alone and your eczema doesn't define you.

3 posts