I look and feel like crap

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
Abbas110

by Abbas110 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:43 pm

I look and feel like crap

summers arrived and to be honest I don't like going out because the sun be's out and you can see my eczema on my face clear as day. I've had eczema since I was about 16 and it started spreading, now I have it pretty much everywhere. I'm a 21 year old lad and I used to a very confident guy but now I don't even like going out because I'm constantly worrying about how much face looks. Also the steroid creams have stopped working i think my skin has gotten too used to them as I am using them constantly. I just feel like shit my life has gone down hill because of my eczema sometimes I don't even feel like getting out of bed. It's started to affect my education aswell as I am studying to become a physiotherapists but after a long night of scratching in my sleep and my skin bleeding and watering I just don't have it in me to get up out of bed sometimes. eczema really had ruined my life.

Abbas110

by Abbas110 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:45 am

Re: I look and feel like crap

Thank you both its great to know there are people out there who want to help I appreciate you both posting replies xx

hanaka06

by hanaka06 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: I look and feel like crap

Hey Abbas!

I totally understand how you feel, I've had my eczema since I was a month old and I'm 16 now. I used to feel very insecure with my skin and it was worse when it would spread to my face especially. It took me a long time but I taught myself to be comfortable with who I am and how I look and even though it still hurts to even look in the mirror, I'm getting better at loving myself. I hope you can find your journey in loving yourself as well as your body. I agree on the use of steroid creams- I think the same has happened to my body so I think I want to start using natural remedies to cure my eczema. I'm thinking of using ACV and coconut oil as well as changing my diet in hopes that it will help to cure my eczema.

Wait for the better days, my friend. And I hope your eczema will clear soon!

Just sharing my two cents, Hana.

4 posts