what to do with my eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
kateo1997

by kateo1997 on Thu May 05, 2016 5:11 am

what to do with my eczema

Hi guys, im in a bit of a predicament at the moment. I'm a 19 year old female and have suffered from eczema for the last 3 years. but it really only comes out in the winter, i live in Australia so I'm lucky there's always somewhere warm to go. It's just started to get cold and my eczema had decided to come back :( i had a dermatologist appointment 2 years ago and he said in the cold a lot of people suffer from this dreaded skin problem but told me people move to the heat (up north) and their eczema seems to disappear. Fortunately i am one of these people. I find the sun and ocean and fresh air seems to do wonders for my dry cracked skin. Now the biggest problem with this is i have a boyfriend down here which i have been with for the past 4 years, he says "its just a rash, don't let it bother you" which is beautiful as he see's past it but like anyone who has suffered from eczema knows its so much more then a rash, as much as it destroys your confidence when its on your face and neck it affects me mentally i sometimes don't want to leave the house, I've fasted, I've been to countless doctors, tried hundreds of different natural creams, tried heaps of steroid creams. but nothing seems to help like the sun does. So the question is should i move up north? what would you do?
For anyone who has eczema and has read this i have found over the years somethings that help, is sudocream, epson-salt baths, eating a healthy diet and getting enough rest.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this in advance :)

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 am

Re: what to do with my eczema

Hey, I'm thinking consider wet wrap or dry wrap at home to keep the skin moist and increase the absorption of the moisturizer. Also choose moisturizers with ceramides; for baths, consider emollient bath/ bath oil to increase the moisture. Humidifier in the room.. take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts