eczema and exams - depressed

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
aishelliea

by aishelliea on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:15 pm

eczema and exams - depressed

I have my A levels at the moment, and with this heatwave it's ridiculously hot.
I have eczema on almost all of my body, and all I wear is turtlenecks and long sleeved tops as I just can't bring myself to wear any less.
I am really struggling at the moment to go in for my exams, all I see when I leave my house is people with perfect skin wearing tiny shorts and vests whilst I'm almost completely covered. I feel so isolated, and I feel like everyone's looking at me like I'm a freak.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:45 am

Re: eczema and exams - depressed

Sorry to hear that.. is there a thinner, quick dry long sleeve that you can wear? Uniqlo's ones are quite thin.. try to relief stress once in a while to reduce eczema flaring.. take care and best to your exam!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

hanaka06

by hanaka06 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Re: eczema and exams - depressed

Hey there. So sorry to hear how you're feeling; I know exactly how it feels to think about the eczema and how it looks, sometimes even the mirror is our worst enemy. But stay strong, it's the patience and strength that toughens us up sometimes. I've had eczema all my life and have recently accepted as a part of my body- my scars are battlefields and are just as beautiful. My cure to the emotional toll of eczema is a whole lot of self love- which is not easy to build, but i promise you is very worth it. Learn to love your scars and know that you're a survivor. Good luck, my friend!

PS: Woolen clothes are not eczema friendly which is sad bc i love woolen sweaters but flowy garments that allow a lot air spaces are what i find to be best for my eczema! Hope that helps! Also- don't be afraid to rock some vests even if you're afraid your scars will show. Show them with pride!

3 posts