In need of help please

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
bree riley

by bree riley on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:03 am

In need of help please

I've had eczema for all my life and I am now 14. I find it hard obviously physically as anyone who has it does but what I find hardest is the emotional side of it. It's not a very well known condition here in the uk and it upsets me that I doubt much is being done to help find a cure. Of course I could be wrong but i do feel that way. I find when a family holiday is upcoming I have to put my self in a strict regime just so that there is a chance I won't feel so bad going to the beach in shorts and swimming with friend is always hard. Even though I know they don't care really I still feel upset that I worry. I try hard not to let it stop me from doing things but as always it does. Even at school say in the summer the teachers will shout at me for keeping my track suit on even though I'm boiling I rather stay covered up and out of sight, and swimming they don't understand how water can really hurt and sting, which makes me get upset when I try and explain and they get all dismissive about it.I'm just really in need of advice how to cope both physically and emotionally. I have found a few things which help and I will post them if anybody is interested.
Thank you

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:54 am

Re: In need of help please

Hi! Have you had the trip? Can try putting on moisturizer before swimming, and see if it's better. Also must put on sunscreen and avoid sun.. it can worsen eczema/ skin inflammation.

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts