Rosacea

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

8 posts
rosebud59

by rosebud59 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:00 am

Rosacea

Hello I was first diagnosed with Rosacea over 10 years go. After a course of antibiotics it cleared up and never returned until now. I have no idea why it has flared up. I have just started a course of antibiotics
Does anyone have suggestions for good skincare products to use that won't inflame it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JulieBC*

by JulieBC* on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Rosacea

I'm so sorry to hear that your rosacea symptoms have returned. That's very frustrating, especially after you've been doing well for so long. I've had rosacea for between 15 and 20 years and can relate to what you're going through.

I wish I could tell you specifically what you should use for skin care but after talking to a lot of people, the one thing I'm certain about is that we are all unique in what works for us.

I've been trying tons of different drugstore rosacea products, specialty skin care, and even all natural oils. Some work better than others for me.

When my skin is flaring up, it tolerates very, very little. I've had luck with the Celtic Complexion Calming Serum, which is specifically designed for rosacea sufferers even when flaring up. That said, it's not cheap, so I have been hunting for alternatives, as gorgeous as that product may be.

I had a bad stress-related flare-up last week and stopped all the skin care I'd been testing in favour of using nothing more than rose water (which is super-cheap at the grocery store ethnic foods section/health food store) followed by choke cherry oil. I've also had a lot of luck using jojoba oil, rosehip oil and rosehip oil-based moisturizers. During a flare-up, I tend to use the oils, as opposed to products with several ingredients, as it reduces the number of things that can cause my skin to react.

For cleansing, my favourite product is available exclusively in Canada, so that likely won't help. I have also had success with Eucerin's DermatoClean cream cleanser. For me, cream cleansers are best. I don't use anything that foams and I try to look for something with a short ingredients list.

I don't know if this will be helpful to you or if it will work for you as we may have very different skin types or rosacea triggers. I have extremely dry skin. I have rosacea subtypes 1 and 2. If that's your skin type, perhaps a similar skin care strategy might work for you, too? :oops:
Julie
Rosacea Ambassador & talkhealth Forum Moderator
Rosacea Geek & Guinea Pig
My rosacea blog: http://www.treatrosacea.wordpress.com
My rosacea YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/rosaceatreatm ... ithjuliebc

rosebud59

by rosebud59 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:39 am

Thankyou for your reply. I have been on antibiotics for a week now and my skin seems to be improving. Fingers crossed it keeps improving. Kaye

JulieBC*

by JulieBC* on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:23 am

That's fantastic! I hope you're continuing to see the good results. I didn't have the same luck with antibiotics. It seems to work for some of us and not for others. I'm jealous of your success ;)
Julie
My rosacea YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/rosaceatreatm ... ithjuliebc

rosebud59

by rosebud59 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:40 am

Hi my skin was improving but now has flared up again. Still on antibiotics. Would be interested in hearing from anyone that has used natural skincare products and what ingredients works. It's very hot today and the heat has definitely affected it. Thankyou to everyone for all your helpful hints and it's interesting to read everyone's experiences.

Daisyface

by Daisyface on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:00 pm

I would also been keen to know what people use that's good - rosacea is new to me so I've no idea what to use or whether I should stop using my current products!

JulieBC*

by JulieBC* on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Daisyface wrote:I would also been keen to know what people use that's good - rosacea is new to me so I've no idea what to use or whether I should stop using my current products!
Your doctor/dermatologist might be able to give you some guidance in terms of skin care, especially if you're using any prescriptions. That will help you to make sure that your entire rosacea-busting effort will work together.

I'm currently using combed red and amber LED light therapy as well as a routine that involves gentle cleansing (my favourites are Eucerin's Dermatoclean Mild Cleansing Lotion or SBT Seabuckthorn's Berry Bar) followed by a splash of pure rosewater, and a gentle moisturizer (I'm having luck with chokecherry oil, but I've also been pleased with ProVent Rosacea Moisturizing Creme). I use sunscreen when I'm headed outside (my favourites are Celtic Complexion's Tinted Moisturizer with SPF, as Substance Unscented Natural Sun Care Cream by Matter Company). Coconut oil or jojoba oil make great makeup removers, but a good quality micellar water (such as from Bioderma) will also do for my skin.

I hope this helps! :oops:
Julie

Luzinete22

by Luzinete22 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:36 pm

I have rosacea and have tried many moisturizers specifically made for either redness reduction or sensitive skin with no luck. They either burn, go on greasy, or just don’t work. Dermalmd rosacea serum is awesome! It’s the perfect level of moisturizing with no burning or irritation. I have also used on my daughter’s facial eczema, and it does not irritate her skin either.

8 posts