Rosacea and work

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

2 posts
zeep2k34

by zeep2k34 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:45 pm

Rosacea and work

I've had rosacea since I gave birth to my baby 2 years ago, I've been prescribed oxytetracycline pills and finacea cream for my face which hasn't had much of an effect. My triggers are alcohol, caffeine and hot dry environments which doesn't help in a busy call centre!

I've looked on these forums and gotten more advice than my GP offered and slowly whittled down my triggers to those above.

I've switched to caffeine free coffee in work and didn't drink alcohol anyway, just struggling with rosacea flareups in work as I always have to clean my computer and headset with alcohol wipes and hand gel as not all call centre staff are hygienic!

I'm still taking the pills during my breaks in work which has a slight effect for a couple of hours but it wears off.

I use tea tree cream of a night but, am always trying new creams to find that miracle cream.

I've taken my photo taken 2 hours after work so others can see what the effects look like but am unable to add at the moment as the files too big and I'm useless with technology

I find it hard sometimes in work especially with new people asking if I'm ok or been out on the tiles the night before, very down heartening but I explain to them each time through gritted teeth so they think twice about judging a book by its cover next time!!

I hope this helps and feel free to ask me any questions, keep your chin up everyone x

2 posts