Shampoo and conditioner

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

3 posts
JulieBC*

by JulieBC* on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:35 am

Shampoo and conditioner

I've used the same shampoo/conditioner for 2 years because it's hard for me to find something that will be good for my long, curly, dry hair and dry scalp, but that won't cause the skin on my face along my hairline to become irritated and flushed.

A couple of months ago, my skin just suddenly started reacting to my shampoo and conditioner. I've been trying several natural products and I've had a lot of luck in keeping flushing under control, but I have yet to discover one that is also good for dry hair and scalp.

Has anyone tried something that is good for hair, scalp and rosacea-prone skin?

The product I'd originally used was Clear (the "Moisturizing Scalp" shampoo and conditioner)
Recently I've tried the SBT Seabuckthorn "Therapeutic Tea Tree Oil and Lemon" shampoo and conditioner, which I liked, but it's a bit pricey. This will be a fall-back if I can't find anything else.
I'm currently using Andalou Naturals "Moisture Rich" shampoo and conditioner but it has a sickly-sweet orange scent and my hair gets oily and itchy after two days.

Recommendations for products/ingredients would be greatly appreciated! :D
Julie
Rosacea Ambassador & talkhealth Forum Moderator
Rosacea Geek & Guinea Pig
My rosacea blog: http://www.treatrosacea.wordpress.com
My rosacea YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/rosaceatreatm ... ithjuliebc

macygravy

by macygravy on Tue May 24, 2016 8:47 am

Re: Shampoo and conditioner

Have you tried dermax? It's a gentle shampoo but very good for dry itchy and scaly scalps, it's worth contacting the company and seeing if they will send you a sample to see if you like it before you spend money on a product that doesn't suit
Stacey
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

3 posts