How do you know if its rosacea?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

8 posts
Polly_P

by Polly_P on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:34 am

How do you know if its rosacea?

I have put this post on a thread in allergy forum as i noticed they were taking about it there but thought i would also post here.

Since i have joined this site i have read quite a bit about rosacea (i hadn't heard of it before) and i wonder if i might have it - not wanting to sound like a hyperchondriac!

I blush really easily, often if someone just talks to me normally, i get a very hot face at times, i get very red and blotchy across my nose and cheeks. Does this sound like rosacea or is it just my type of skin?

Also is rosacea an allergy? I joined this forum because of my allergies but when i saw this post it got me thinking because i saw you mentioned triggers. I don't drink much.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:03 am

Re: How do you know if its rosacea?

I know it's a while since you posted Polly_P but just wondering if you did manage to get a diagnosis for your skin condition?
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Klips1589

by Klips1589 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:58 pm

I think only a doctor can tell if it's rosacea.

David147

by David147 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:36 am

You may indeed have rosacea.

Prerosacea (stage 1) may look like a simple tendency to flush more when you get hot, cold, stressed, or eat spicy food.

Vascular rosacea (stage 2) happens when capillaries on your face swell and become visible.

Inflammatory rosacea (stage 3) includes acne-like pustules and bumps on your face.

The symptoms you have described are typical of Stage 1. My rosacea (I'm 46) began when I was your age.

Rosacea should be evaluated, diagnosed, and treated by a doctor. If you allow your rosacea to progress to the vascular stage, you will have broken capillaries on your face; in the inflammatory stage you may have bumps and scarring.

There is no reliable over-the-counter treatment for rosacea. There are some products (such as Eucerin Redness Relief) that temporarily relieve redness, but only for a few hours.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:50 pm

:D Thank you,

Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

8 posts