Rosacea, pimples, red small scars.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

2 posts
anaaragon

by anaaragon on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:43 pm

Rosacea, pimples, red small scars.

Good evening, after a year or so I was finally diagnosed with Rosacea. My skin used to be clear and free of spots throughout my life. Now this skin inflammation has appear on my face. My dermatologist prescribed me antibiotics which is called doxycycline capsules 100 mg once a day and soolantra cream. I have been taking this for a month some days my flare ups goes away and there are some days that comes back and is all red sore and I have three pimples that stay there forever which are red and they don’t seem to disasapear. I’m using a palmers scar oil to help to erased these red spots. Any advice for the scaring issue.
I’m trying really hard to keep my diet free of spicy food or anything that it could trigger. I’m not a drinker or a smoker I have never ever been and spicy food is not something that I’m keen on anyway. So I keep my food diary to try and find something that it triggers it. My diet is mainly organic and antiinflamatory as well as lactose, sugar and gluten free too. I drink lost of water and calming teas too. No more coffee for me but that si not something I used to drink a lot. Honestly, I’m not sure where I’m going wrong here. I’m just hoping that the treatment that my private dermatologist prescribed will wok for the best as I have to finish the treatment to see some results. My question here is if there is any others things or treatments that it can help me to alleviate and sort out my rosacea or at least to keep it at bay. I also wash my face with cold camomile and green tea only which seems to calm my skin. I don’t wash my skin with any soaps at the moment. Is there any effective and soft emollient that I could use it without aggravating my skin? I have read about coconut oil benefits I have used it mainly at night time and spots seemed to go away but not to sure if I shoukd trialing and error this. At the moment I have slow down on my training not much running or rigours training for me and missing this so much as this is part of my healthy life style. Please, any advice would be useful and welcome. I have read also about LED lights and laser treatments are these any good any thoughts and advised on this would great.
Looking forward hearing from you Ana.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Rosacea, pimples, red small scars.

Hi anaaragon

Thank you for your post and welcome to talkhealth.

Do have a look at our free support programme, myrosacea, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/rosacea.php for additional support and advice and obviously our rosacea forum.

Do let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts