Rosacea and acne concerns

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

2 posts
Alex210694

by Alex210694 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Rosacea and acne concerns

Hi

I’ve been suffering with skin issues since I was around 16. It started with ingrown hairs after shaving which was annoying and really uncomfortable but luckily it helped when I decided to stop and just grow a beard!

Over the last year or so I had been getting red bumps on my cheeks and the rash between my eyes, after a visit to my GP I was diagnosed with Rosacea. Which wasn’t really a surprise as up until the red bumps I have always had a very red face when either too cold or after a shower etc. He prescribed Soolantra which hasn’t really worked for me and I continue to have red bumps and sores.

I’m 24 and I’ve looked after my skin since I was at lest 16 but it doesn’t show with the rosacea I also have acne to some degree which includes blackheads on my nose.

The reason I have signed up and writing this post is because I’ve become very self conscious to the point where I will only go out if I really have to.

I’ve tried a huge selection of products but none have improved my skin, I’ve been on many acne drugs which did help my concerns during the early days.

Can anyone advise on what to use for both the rosacae and the blackhead? My cheek pores are now very open and look angry, but no matter what It fails to help I have spent huge amounts of money over the years and have now concluded I’m failing.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post!!

Alex

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Re: Rosacea and acne concerns

Hi Alex210694

Thank you for your post.

Please have a look at our free rosacea support programme, myrosacea, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/rosacea.php for additional advice and support.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts