Rosacea in a Land of Saunas

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

2 posts
badgerlady

by badgerlady on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:49 pm

Rosacea in a Land of Saunas

Hello! I'm new :-)

My whole life, people have always complimented me on my skin. Even as a teenager I side-stepped any acne and have been blessed with a perfect, clear complexion. People have often linked it to my lifelong vegetarian diet, not realising that donuts are vegetarian too :lol:

Two years ago I started to get a few spots on my cheeks, one worse than the other, and assumed acne had come back for revenge. Of course it's well known that saunas are great for skincare and, living in Finland where there are more saunas than cars, it's very easy for me to hop into my ensuite steam room on an almost daily basis.

The more I took sauna, the worse my spots were, the more I took sauna. Until finally I did some googling and realised that it was rosacea.

I then ordered some medicated cream (metronidazol) and started applying it but didn't see any real difference. I am bad at maintaining routines though - I travel a lot for work and so things like skincare often drop off the radar.

I came across these forums whilst googling LED light treatments - my housemate recently bought a home device that she's offered to share, but I'm doing work in Australia for the next couple of months so not really within sharing distance!

Anyway, no real questions, unless somebody has advice..? Just "hello"!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Re: Rosacea in a Land of Saunas

Hi badgerlady,

Great to see a newbie on here, you are very welcome to our community!

Maybe it would be useful for you to join up our rosacea support programme here? https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/rosacea.php The myrosacea support programme provides 12 weeks of dedicated information, sent to you by email in bite-size chunks. Every week there is a PDF for you to download or print containing practical information about how to manage rosacea, written by talkhealth and medical experts.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts