Yeast Allergy and Candida

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
johnandrews

by johnandrews on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Yeast Allergy and Candida

Does anybody have any views or opinions on the candida/eczema relationship? I definitely have a problem with yeast in food and drink (real beer especially but also wine and bread and yeast as flavoring) and if i avoid it my eczema improves. However, i really love real ale and fresh baked bread and when i get well enough i am always tempted to try them again; what could be more natural or wholesome than these ? When the eczema comes now it is more confined to specific areas ; back of knuckles , face and neck ; eyes are always bad which still makes me self concious even at 41. The reason i mention the candida angle is that if i take anti candida foods like coconut oil the reaction gets stronger, the eczema is weepy and oozy, it feels to me as though the body is trying to get something out of the system through the skin. Should i continue with the coconut oil ,garlic, and cider vinegar? Has anyone had any success this way?

Sammie

by Sammie on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: yeast allergy and candida

I do think that whatever we put inside your body affects us all in different ways, some as headaches and some as eczema, etc.
I have read some books about candida in the past, where it said that ingesting bio yogurt and reducing sugar can help.
There is also a selection of replacement bacteria, such as acidophilus, in tablet form, that can be purchased from the chemist.
This is suppose to repare the lining in the gutt, and reduce illness, one being eczema.
I did try it myself..I have not had an outbreak of eczema for years..it could have helped :D
I think it is worth trying, if it improves your skin.
I wish you well..x

kbartlett

by kbartlett on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: yeast allergy and candida

I love real ale too! I haven't seen any link between beer consumption and my skin to be hoenst. In fact whenover I have a drink my eczema subsides a little when I'm at the pub, maybe the alcohol relaxes you enough for you to forget about it. The only exception to this is if I have say one pint then go to an indoor environment, this will usually bring about a hot flush.

Have you tried pasturised real ale as in bottled ales that don't contain the live yeast? The taste isn't as good but still reasonable!

3 posts