Light therapy

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

3 posts
nicallan

by nicallan on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:12 am

Light therapy

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and just looking for some advice on light therapy. My rosacea has got really bad over the last year, to the point that I didn’t want to go out as I was too embarrassed. I have literally tried everything but to no avail. I recently went on holiday which worried me as I was sure that the sun was going to make my rosacea worse, however it didn’t. Since I have come back I haven’t had any flushing or intense redness (it is really bad on my nose). My first thought was to go to the sun beds as it must be the UV light but for obvious reasons I don’t want to do that. That then got my thinking about light therapy and wondered what success people have had with it.

Would love to hear your thoughts

Thanks in advance

carolmeltham

by carolmeltham on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 am

Re: Light therapy

Hi,
I found your comments about the sun really interesting. I have had mild rosacea for 15 years and last year it progressed to acne stage. I have been using anti bacterial medication for last year but its a battle. I have just spent 2 weeks in the sun (spain) and all traces of my acne and redness disappeared. IMy skin has never felt or looked so good. Within 24 hours of returning back home, the itching crawling, burning, and soreness is returning. ??? Could this be a lack of Vit D ? I am interested in talking to others with experience in the light therapy treatment.
Carol,

mfish009

by mfish009 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:40 am

Re: Light therapy

I also felt embarrassed to leave the house, my poor skin was looking dreadful. Just last week I had IPL therapy and LED therapy ...(dont allow the red LED light to be used with rosacea, just the blue . I puechased dermaviduals cleanser, with distilled water (dont put regular tap water on your face, the ph levels arent neutral like distilled). Asmosis rescue...... and three days later, im leaving the house without makeup feeling great.my skin tone has evened out and the lumps and bumps are gone already. Im off for just a LED treatment tomorrow.....

3 posts