Manuka honey

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

2 posts
SanJuanDelSur

by SanJuanDelSur on Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Manuka honey

Hi All

New user and all that. I just thought I'd stick something up here which may, or may not, be of help. I've had Rosacea for over 20 years off and on. I spent the first ten years or so taking antibiotics then a procession of steroid or antibiotic creams. I had a period of about a year where I didn't use anything as I was overseas in a warm climate and I had virtually no symptoms. Not sure if this was due to less stress, more sun, different diet, who knows. Anyway it came back as soon as I was back in the UK.

I don't think I suffer as badly as some might, but I get more like flare ups. If I don't do anything about it then it gets a lot worse so this is when I usually go and see the doctor. So recently it flared up again and I was kind of sick of using creams so did some research and saw that some people had success with manuka honey. I wasn't that hopeful really but you'll give anything a go sometimes. Anyway it seems to have worked. I'm not sure if it's coincidence as I'm not exactly a scientific study, but here is what I did. I won't mention what actual products I use as I'm not sure if advertising is allowed etc.

So I would put about a 1/4 tsp of the honey onto the T zone area and rub it well in. I would do this twice a day and leave it for as long as I could (not too long in the morning as I had to go to work) then wash it off with warm water. I also bought some soap with manuka honey in and washed my face with that whenever I had a shower. I also ate some of the honey every now and again but only maybe 1/2 tsp when I felt like it. I did this for about a month and all my symptoms had gone so I stopped. This was about 3-4 months ago and (fingers xd) still symptom free. I occasionally smear some on but it's rare nowadays.

Anyway, it's not cheap but actually not that much more money than a prescription. I can't say if it might work for everyone or if it will last but thought I'd share the info. I wish I could find the original article that I read but it seemed legit with some positive results etc. and not just something someone made up on the spot. Good luck with it, whatever you're using.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:46 pm

Re: Manuka honey

Hi there, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your tips! It sounds as though that method is really working for you and we hope it can help others.

Did you know we also have a dedicated rosacea hub full of articles and videos to also help with your condition? Here is the link: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/talkrosacea/

Plus, we also have a free online rosacea support programme, which is packed full of extra guidance and tips, written by medical experts and sent to you weekly via email:
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/rosacea.php

Thanks again!

The talkhealth team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts