Soolantra (ivermectin)

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

3 posts
DillonJ100

by DillonJ100 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:07 am

Soolantra (ivermectin)

I have mild rosace with some very annoying small white bumps on my cheeks and nose. My derm prescribed Soolantra along with Finacea. Neither one has done anything for the bumps after about one month (the Finacea has lessened redness, though.)
I would like to know if anyone has had eventual success using Soolantra even though the first month or so it did not appear to do anything?
(Very disappointing so far since here in the USA a tube costs $700!!!)

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:39 am

Re: Soolantra (ivermectin)

Hi DillonJ100

Thank you for your post. Please have a look at our free support programme, myrosacea, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/rosacea.php which we think you may find helpful.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

jc120885

by jc120885 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:51 am

Re: Soolantra (ivermectin)

I used soolantra for approximately 4 months. There would be a few days of really good results then it would come back full force. It got so bad that the bumps on my face were bleeding. I couldn’t take it any longer and gave up on using it. I still have a brand new tube of soolantra if anyone is interested in it, free since I did not pay anything due to double insurance. Anyway, since I had tried everything else and I mean everything else. My dermatologist put me on a low dose of accutane and within two weeks the bumps were completely gone and have not returned after 7 months of starting the accutane. I just wish I had tried it years ago. I was just scared due to all the bad press around accutane but since it’s such a low dose I have not had any side effects.

3 posts