What helps me!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

3 posts
yellowmagic65

by yellowmagic65 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:03 pm

What helps me!

Hi Folks,

Only had Rosacia a few years, but already know how aweful the whole thing is. Luckily I don't have it too severe.

Just wanted to share what I do in case it helps others.

1/ Use Doxycycline tablets (strangely my doc said using these too long makes you more sensitive to the sun. Ive tried dropping from 100ml tablets to 50ml but it flared up again). That's a bad idea, sorry doc.

2/ Dermalex cream. Pricey but amazing at repairing your skin. My chemist is usually over pricey. So going to ebay is best for me.

3/ Use 50+ Sun cream/block every day or when I go out. I normally put two layers on before venturing out. Peace of mind really.

4/ Garlic. Now this might sound strange but I can tell you 100% that crushing two garlic cloves in something like an omelette has worked wonders for me. I have lots of omelettes anyway but doing this has healed and improved the condition more than I could imagine. Just google what garlic does and you'll see. Great for removing free radicals in the blood. Get into the habit of having it daily and (like me) noticed a difference in days.

Hope this helps someone out there!

:)

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:19 am

Re: What helps me!

Hi yellowmagic65,

Thank you for posting your tips on dealing with Rosacia. Hopefully this will help other members who suffer from the same condition.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

yellowmagic65

by yellowmagic65 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:48 am

Re: What helps me!

Your welcome,

I fell upon the Garlic tip purely by chance and it really has made a difference. Something overlooked by people. Less than obvious. I am a mild sufferer (mainly nose) but this has really calmed the whole thing down and skin is feeling and looking better. Just keep taking it. Get into a routine if you can. I just use a garlic crusher and mix in with my omelette mixture for maximum potency.

All the best x

3 posts