Treatment of Rosacea

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

41 posts
alvespit

by alvespit on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Treatment of Rosacea

Rosacea is a common chronic skin disease of the face which may appear in the form of redness, flushing, broken capillaries or acne-type eruptions. Other manifestations include rhinophyma which is characterized by enlargement of the nose (uncommon) and eye irritation that can result in significant complications if left untreated.
Last edited by admin on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL promoting your clinic is not permitted in our forums and has been removed - see forum rules.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:02 am

Re: Treatment of Rosacea

Are you living with rosacea? How do you manage your condition? We'd love to hear from you.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

tarramac

by tarramac on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi,
I notice that there hasn't been much activity on this forum and so would like to talk about my experience as I realise how distressing rosacea can be.
I had a very stressful few years in my early 30's which I'm convinced contributed to my developing rosacea...I sailed through my teens with no skin problems and I never had any problems with blushing, however I am very fair skinned. My mother suffered flushing problems and I think it does run in families..
I was 34 when I began breaking out in very angry red spots across my nose, cheeks and chin which I put down to stress and possibly changing my skin products. I struggled on for a few years..unable to literally put anything on my skin and the flushing and redness started, getting progressively worse and my eyes were also very sore. Eventually I couldn't take any more, I was very depressed and worried about the future of my skin as I couldn't moisturise or cleanse at all! I loved to exercise but this made it really bad. So, I got an appointment with a dermatologist. He prescribed tetracycline which I was reluctant to take but stayed on for 2 years...My symptoms improved dramatically over time and I decided to stop the pills. The best result for me was that the horribly painful flushing went away and my eye problems too.
I will say that my skin is still not back to the way it was pre rosacea and I do still suffer from spots, but nothing like it was. I have found a cleanser and moisturiser that I can use which doesn't react. I walk now, instead of jog and wear a scarf outside in the cold..you just have to compromise.
I would urge people not to suffer as I did, to get it sorted sooner rather than later..I am now 47 and my skin has aged much faster than it would have done, I'm sure!
I hope my story might be of help to people..:)

Klips1589

by Klips1589 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:00 pm

You know using pure chimp natural super cream helps me much in rosacea treatment.
It makes my skin clean and nice.

Allendawson

by Allendawson on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:47 pm

MarkCEar03 wrote:I think the best treatment for rosacea is laser therapy. It will alleviate dilated blood vessels, redness as well as rhinophyma. For years, lasers have been used to treat this skin condition. According to the studies, the first laser session resulted in improvement. The redness was reduced by 50 percent after second session. Other issues such as itching, swelling, flushing and burning were also decreased.
There is also a non laser therapy called Intense Pulsed Light which can safely reduce the rosacea symptoms. Note that those with diabetes, clotting disorder as well as keloids are not the right candidates for taking laser treatment.
Laser technique is very famous nowadays. I liked your view about laser technique.

Positive277

by Positive277 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:15 pm

I wish I had found these forums years ago when I was suffering so bad from rosacea... I suffered with this for years and tried everything I could get my hands on. The only thing I've found that has worked for me is Rodan and Fields products. I was introduced to their Soothe line a few months ago and my skin is about 98% improved. My understanding is that you cannot buy this in the store, and you must go through a consultant in the US. Please email me if you would like my consultant's contact info. best of luck to you all continuing to deal with this...

Sally Heep

by Sally Heep on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:39 am

Apply Camphor Oil to affected areas of your skin, after washing your face. I have heard that it works well as it has soothing, analgesic, and antimicrobial effects.

41 posts