How do you manage your everyday pain? Any pain relief?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

42 posts
MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 am

Re: How do you manage your everyday pain? Any pain relief?

Gentle - and I mean gentle - exercise does wonders for joint and general pain. Gently stretching the muscles keeps the body supple and reduces pain. It doesn't have to be fancy exercises like tai chi or anything like that: just moving the legs in and out and lifting and stretching the arms is good enough. Short, slow, walks also get the body supple. Therefore reducing pain. I'd certainly take this advice and not just rely on painkillers. However, it is still important to take the medication a doctor prescribes. If you're unsure about this advice, you can see what your doctor says. I am certainly not advising you go jogging or running: just that you do gentle walking.

I do hope I've helped.

DaviesBrown

by DaviesBrown on Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:59 am

Here are some ways to get relief from pain

- Get exercise
- Try Therapy
- Get Massage Therapy
- Do Meditation
- Take Some Supplements

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:57 pm

You're right, DaviesBrown: I'd follow your advice.

1. Gentle exercise will keep the joints supple and make movement easier.
2. Therapy does heal the mind and will make handling pain easier to deal with [I am assuming you're referring to mind therapy].
3. Massage does ease the joints and muscles and IS incredibly relaxing and therapeutic.
4. Meditation is popular worldwide for its healing properties and helping to relieve many kinds of pain.
5. Supplements will cushion - for lack of a better word - the joints, therefore reducing the pain of bones rubbing together in the joints. I would advise you ask your doctor which supplements are best for arthritis and other kinds of physical pain.

I hope you don't mind me elaborating on your post, DaviesBrown: I just felt it important to do so.

lance_young85

by lance_young85 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:36 pm

Hey @MissCandyGirl,

I had come across this today and thought o sharing my experience. Exactly three years before, I got my knee locked. I was not able to walk because my leg was not coming in a straight position. I become so worried and consulted a doctor. He started an injection course to the vein. And after that, I was able to walk but the leg was painful. The doctor prescribed me pain killers and I started having them as I got relief from pain. But this resulted in some other health issues. And I need to force stop the painkillers. As an alternative, my friend referred me to a physiotherapist. I also tried doing exercise but my pain was increasing. But [ https://www.physioactive.ca]physiotherapy[/url] helped me a lot with my leg pain.

As you mention pain killers can kill you. So always try to avoid after your doctor's advice.

wanderer

by wanderer on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:09 am

Hi,
I totally agree with you! I too had severe knee pain for the past five years. Though I tried consulting various doctors, nothing seemed fruitful. The medicines prescribed by them just served as a temporary relief, and the pain returned with the same intensity when the medicine course was over. It was then my partner advised we approach a physiotherapist as our last ray of hope. Needless to say, it was the best decision I took!
With the consistent massage and treatment of the physiotherapist, my pain gradually started reducing. After eight months of treatment, I was back with my healthy knee. I was able to walk and do any physical work as previously. Hence, to anyone suffering from my knee problem, I would like to tell you that pain killers are just temporary solutions to your permanent problems. Approach the treatment of an expert physiotherapist if you need a permanent and long-lasting solution.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:52 pm

That's a wonderful success story, wanderer!

I agree - from reading your experiences Wanderer and lance_young85 - that physiotherapy is the best treatment. Painkillers do tend to mask the pain, rather than deal with the issue. Seeing a physiotherapist is the best course of action.

I hope others takes both your advice.

Buzz6419

by Buzz6419 on Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:33 am

Hi, here I can tell you some healthy and effective ways which help to relieve your pain;

1. You have to get up early in the morning, walk in the open and fresh air, breathe right and properly so it can help you to relieve your pain.
2. Read books daily so they can help you to relieve your pain.
3. Do some exercise and meditation daily so it can help to relieve your stress and pain also.
4. Sleep properly at night so it can help you to cure your pain.
5. If after all this you feel that your pain is not cured so you have to consult with a professional, he can give you the best pain killer which easily cures your pain.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:23 pm

Agreed, Buzz6419.

david.ford16@yahoo.com

by david.ford16@yahoo.com on Thu May 26, 2022 7:04 am

Yes medication can help at certain limit, once you stop taking medicines you may feel the pain again. As one said regular exercise especially walking in the morning can help.

nancypmartinez42

by nancypmartinez42 on Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:49 am

MissCandyGirl wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 am
Gentle - and I mean gentle - exercise does wonders for joint and general pain. Gently stretching the muscles keeps the body supple and reduces pain. It doesn't have to be fancy exercises like tai chi or anything like that: just moving the legs in and out and lifting and stretching the arms is good enough. Short, slow, walks also get the body supple. Therefore reducing pain. I'd certainly take this advice and not just rely on painkillers. However, it is still important to take the medication a doctor prescribes. If you're unsure about this advice, you can see what your doctor says. I am certainly not advising you go jogging or running: just that you do gentle walking.

I do hope I've helped.
Doing exercise plays an essential role in everybody's life. I know it well than any other person because I enjoy the results. Excercise can take account running, walking, playing sports etc. But these do not help too much for my condition, fibromyalgia. I was mourning chronic muscle pain.
The GP who consulted me advised starting a physio to strengthen my muscles. I started slowly, and as a result, I could overcome most of my muscle cramps. I was blessed with an energetic and talented therapist. After completing my session, I regularly practise it at home. Some of the exercises are butterfly, cobra, hamstring stretch etc.

42 posts