Generalised body pain especially aching arms and legs...

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
GrahamB8

by GrahamB8 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Generalised body pain especially aching arms and legs...

For the past two or three months now I have had increasing pain in my arms and legs and throughout my body in general.

The pains started in my legs following a month off work with a flu virus, and have continued - and gradually worsened - during this time.

The pain has become constant during the past week, and I am increasingly on edge now and wondering what exactly might be going on. My greatest fear is that I could have Myeloma, but even in it’s ‘only’ arthritis or osteoarthritis or fybfomalgia then that would still be bad.

I saw my GP a couple a couple of weeks ago and she said it was probably just ‘post viral aches and pains’, but the pain has become so constant and deep rooted now as to make me worry that it is something far, far worse.

Could anyone help or advise me, please, as this is virtually I am able to think about now, and I am living in constant fear with the feeling that my life is ‘on hold’ unless I can find some peace of mind or even a reduction of worry over this.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Re: Generalised body pain especially aching arms and legs...

Hi GrahamB8,

We're really sorry to hear the problems you've been having.

We would advise that, if the pain is increasing in severity since you saw your GP to go back and have another appointment. It may also be worthwhile getting a secondary opinion from another GP, if possible.

Do let us know how you get on. Hoping you see an improvement!

The talkhealth Team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts