Chronic Arthritis Knee pain

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

10 posts
deedeeep

by deedeeep on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Chronic Arthritis Knee pain

If anyone has any hints about how to cope wth the excruciating pain in my knee which was originally a torn tendon but now almost 2 years later has been diagnosed as Arthritis. (I have always had a very high pain threshold so am really struggling with this pain. I am not able to take anti-inflamatory drugs due to my lack of kidney function but I do have to say that I have not had a single full night sleep in all of this time, every time I turn or move in bed the pain from my knee wakens me. Usually upwards of 6 times per night.I have tried all of the joint care pills and potions thet I can think of and some more, I struggle to walk and do basic housework. It is really difficult to belive that 2 years ago prior to slipping on wet leaves on the pavement I was active and could run without any problem. I do still take Turmeric Capsules along with chelated manganese but am getting desperate now, the GP says there is nothing that can be done and at my age a knee is a long way off and i just need to cope with it.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Re: Chronic Arthritis Knee pain

Hi Deedeeep

Thank you for your recent post. We are sorry to hear about the pain you are suffering with your diagnosed arthritis. Please have a look at a Free Support Programme we run called myarthritis support programme, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/arthritis.php you may find this useful as well as the comments from our members.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

avonladywales

by avonladywales on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:12 am

Hi, I bought a product called Knee ease which is supposed to help. I must admit, I haven't used it because I don't know where it is! It's worth investigating. I find drinking apple cider vinegar (diluted) helps with arthritis and drinking Aloe Vera helps with a variety of ailments, including pain. I hope someone will benefit from this information.

Diligent500

by Diligent500 on Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi to all,

I am going to see the Phyiso tommorow about my arthritis legs swelling on differant days and also my r knee collapsing.

They are giving me a walking stick possibly 2 as either leg or knee hurts and swells I will post how I get on when I arrive back home.

Hope it's going to help me.

Diligent500 :cry: ;)

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:57 pm

I don't have arthritis, but can only imagine the pain it brings. I think it can be managed: but not cured. I do hope everyone on here gets the treatment they need. I can't comment any further because I know so little about arthritis. But - I will say - the TalkingHealth post above has very useful information. If you're suffering from the condition - or know someone who is - then do click on their link. Information is power. Again, though, I am not expert when it comes to arthritis, but I do know how it feels to suffer aches and pains.

LucasBlack78

by LucasBlack78 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:11 am

I think it is good you have decided to visit a physiotherapist if you cannot take painkillers. I guess he may help you overcome the unbearable pain and swelling to some extent. I hope you cope with this soon.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:53 pm

As mentioned in another post, physiotherapy is a great way to treat Chronic Arthritis Knee Pain. Painkillers will just mask the problem. Do see a physiotherapist.

johnpery

by johnpery on Fri May 06, 2022 5:14 pm

Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis in the knee. It is a degenerative,"wear-and-tear" type of arthritis that occurs most often in people 50 years of age and older, although it may occur in younger people, too. In osteoarthritis, the cartilage in the knee joint gradually wears away.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue May 17, 2022 1:46 pm

Perhaps there is a medical proceedure to treat Chronic Arthritis knee pain: certainly talk to your doctor about your options.

Again, painkillers will just mask the problem. I'd certainly consider surgery.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:30 am

Indications of joint pain in the knee might include: Agony in the knee that can be demolished by specific developments and activities, including delayed strolling or standing. Solidness of the knee joint, which makes it challenging to twist and fix the knee.

10 posts