Dry eyes & painful stiff joints - is there a link?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Rod Grundy

by Rod Grundy on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: Dry eyes & painful stiff joints - is there a link?

Hi Lizzie,

Sorry to hear that this problem is interfering with your daily routine.

In answer to your question there is actually a very strong link between Uveitis and painful joints. Basically Uveitis can develop in people who suffer from an auto immune condition called "reactive arthritis" - one of the possible symptoms of this is painful joints.. It is of course possible that the pain in your joints may be caused by something else entirely; in any case I would definitely recommend that you make an appointment to see your GP for further investigation. In the meantime I would recommend the following: avoid exercise until you have seen your GP, apply a heat pack or ice pack to your painful joints and you could try an ibuprofen based pain killer to help relieve the pain - read the product information or check with a Pharmacist to ensure that this is suitable.

I hope this is helpful but please get in touch if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Rod.
Rod Grundy
Internet Pharmacy Manager, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... grundy.php

2 posts