what is psoriatic arthritis

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:36 pm

what is psoriatic arthritis

Find out more about psoriatic arthritis from Arthritis Research UK...

http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arth ... ritis.aspx

Does anybody have a diagnosis of this?

Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

drarjunsharda

by drarjunsharda on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:06 am

Re: what is psoriatic arthritis

Joint pain, stiffness and swelling are the main symptoms of psoriatic arthritis. They can affect any part of your body, including your fingertips and spine, and can range from relatively mild to severe. In both psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, disease flares may alternate with periods of remission.

dordor228

by dordor228 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi there, I have Psoriatic Arthritis, throughout my body including my spine manly at the bottom of my back.
I saw a new doctor at the clinic a couple of years ago and she told me emphatically that it couldn't be in your back. So I'm still stuck with a chronic backache 6-7 years after diagnosis.
so I keep taking the tablets and have given up. I'm 51 and I feel useless. My daughter keeps saying im disabled, but am I, or have I just gone soft? Im tired all the time , my arms ache and my knees hurt , my ankles feel like they are cracking at time and my fingers swell like chipolata sausages. my finger and toe nails have wave like bumps on them and they look ugly. and to top it off Ive gotton fat too from being sedentry because it hurts to walk with out a frame . I am in constant denial that this is me, I dont believe I'll stay this way. I keep thinking that I'll geet a grip because its all a lie and I'll suddenly get thin,fit and able bodied. its a pig , Im also told I have fibromyagia

rajaibrahim566@gmail.com

by rajaibrahim566@gmail.com on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:53 pm

Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a chronic, inflammatory disease of the joints and where tendons and ligaments connect to bone. Like psoriasis, PsA is associated with related health conditions (comorbidities).

It can start at any age and may affect children. The disease often appears between ages 30 and 50. For many people, it starts about 10 years after psoriasis develops, but some develop PsA first or without ever developing or noticing psoriasis.

Though there is no cure, there is a growing range of treatments available to help stop the disease progression, lessen pain, protect joints and preserve range of motion. If you have or suspect you may have PsA, it is extremely important to work with a rheumatologist (a doctor who specializes in how the immune system affects joints, bone and muscles) to find the right treatment plan. For help finding a rheumatologist near you, contact the Patient Navigation Center.

Early recognition, diagnosis and treatment of PsA can prevent or limit the extensive joint damage that can occur in later stages of the disease.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:22 pm

It typically causes affected joints to become swollen, stiff and painful. Like psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis is a long-term condition that can get progressively worse.

5 posts