Rheumatoid Arthritis help

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
sophielizzie

by sophielizzie on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Rheumatoid Arthritis help

So i care for my elderly gran who is 88 and she has Rheumatoid Arthritis. We currently use Feldene gel Piroxicam as prescribed by the doctor but it doesn't seem to helping anymore. Her knees are so swollen and she finds it really hard to walk unless she gets help from one of us. She won't go to the hospital to get it sorted so we've exhausted that option and i dont want to put more stress on her as she was in last Christmas and they frighten her so much. Our doctor is coming to visit soon but she never seems to recommend anything else so i just wondered if anyone knew any stronger gels or creams we could use or any other natural remedy or method.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis help

Hi,

sorry to hear about your grandmothers condition, this sounds really painful and uncomfortable for her.

We unfortunately cannot advise on specific products to use and would recommend further discussion when your GP visits her at home. Hopefully the GP will be able to recommend an alternative for her to try.

do let us know how you get on though,

Regards

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:03 am

Effective steroids, like prednisone, are especially helpful during beginning treatment, before other RA prescriptions have gotten an opportunity to produce results (frequently 12 weeks or more). One benefit of steroids is that they can be infused into joints.

ayassresearch

by ayassresearch on Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:09 pm

There are also a number of over-the-counter pain relievers that can be effective for arthritis pain.

In addition to medication, there are a number of other things that you can do to help relieve your gran's pain. These include:
      • Applying heat or cold to the affected joints.
        Doing gentle exercises to keep the joints moving.
        Using a cane or walker to help with mobility.
        Losing weight, if overweight or obese.
        Getting enough sleep.
        Managing stress.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:49 am

Rheumatoid joint inflammation is an immune system condition, and that implies it's brought about by the insusceptible framework going after solid body tissue. Be that as it may, it's not yet understood what sets off this. Your insusceptible framework regularly makes antibodies that assault microscopic organisms and infections, assisting with battling contamination.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:59 am

advhccenter wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:49 am
Rheumatoid joint inflammation is an immune system condition, and that implies it's brought about by the insusceptible framework going after solid body tissue. Be that as it may, it's not yet understood what sets off this. Your insusceptible framework regularly makes antibodies that assault microscopic organisms and infections, assisting with battling contamination.
A brilliant post. I second it.

6 posts