Psoriatic Arthritis Explained

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Silver

by Silver on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:58 pm

Psoriatic Arthritis Explained

Joints normally function to allow movement to occur between bone ends, which are important for the body to move. Bone ends are covered with cartilage around which is a capsule lined by a membrane called synovium.
This membrane normally makes the fluid that lubricates the joint space allowing movement. In arthritis the synovial membrane becomes inflamed - and releases substances that cause inflammation.
The inflamed synovium releases more fluid than normal and so the joint becomes tender and swollen. Persistent inflammation may lead to damage to the cartilage and erosion of the underlying bone.
Synovial membrane also lines and lubricates tendons and so they become inflamed too.

Lots more info and photos here: http://psoriasisclub.forumotion.org/t10 ... asis#12379

jackgoldberg

by jackgoldberg on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:40 am

Re: Psoriatic Arthritis Explained

Thank you dear....I'd really appreciate if you allow me to post the same information on the forum psoriasissocial.org. It would help more people to know about this disease.

Cheers

Silver

by Silver on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:18 pm

jackgoldberg wrote:Thank you dear....I'd really appreciate if you allow me to post the same information on the forum psoriasissocial.org. It would help more people to know about this disease.

Cheers
Hello I must admit this post was not my own words I took it from here http://psoriasisclub.forumotion.org but I wouldn't think it would be a problem for you to post it on another forum as it is in the public domain and Psoriasis Club do give good information to help others.

jackgoldberg

by jackgoldberg on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:02 am

Thanks, but I'd appreciate if you can come down to the website and explore it as much as you can. Also please take some time to just post down the information on the website.

Much appreciated

Best

4 posts