New to this forum - worsening symptoms

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
pavster398

by pavster398 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:42 am

New to this forum - worsening symptoms

Hi all,

I am new to this and thought I would reach out.

I am a stroke survivor. I had my stroke 5 years ago post pregnancy and they think due to heart failure.

The last few years I've been aware of my remaining 'invisible symptoms' that I'm left with - a left sided weakness which is imperceptible to others and minor issues with my speech (not always noticeable to others).

Recently however I feel I'm noticing these more and more. Call me paranoid but I'm terrified they may be getting worse.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

blurmind

by blurmind on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: New to this forum - worsening symptoms

Hi,

I am quite new to this forum and have no idea how many replies you have had but I hope you find mine helpful.

I also had a stroke ,10 months ago and mine was one of those that the doctors could not offer me any treatment besides the " by the book" lifetime Clopidogrel etc and also they were not able to work out why it happened on the first place. I am sure know the drill.

Anyways. I was quite lucky and I do not have any visible signs that I had a stroke . It only affected the left occipital and I had loss of vision on the right hand side. After the first 2 months a significant part of it came back and the doctors , when I meet them each time keep saying " lets see if it has come back " , however same as you after a few months it got significantly worse again and I though I am either loosing my mind or I have had another stroke! The panic did not help ... I went private this time and quickly got some test done ( including MRI) and physically there was no reason why my vision was worse.There was no change. Then few weeks later it got better again.

So , I tried to calm down as I released that these is no one to help me, or take me seriously and I need to work out if there is something I can do about it , so I started a diary . I record how much I sleep, exercise , what supplements I take and what food I eat and also how do I feel that day, how is my vision and do I have any funny sensations in my head and also what part of my menstrual cycle I am.

For myself I have noticed a pattern. I am still experimenting( changing diet, supplements) as on Chinese medicine blogs( also have a look at a book called the Chine study )..there are all sorts of different remedies , advises , findings ect and I have decided for myself to find out what is the way foward for me as no doctor will spend 2 months monitoring me and everything I do or attempt to offer me Whole foods diet ect. (Well unless I am rich but I am not..:( )

I will strongly suggest you do the same. Even in two months if you have no idea whether there is a pattern or not you can take it to you doctor or look for an alternative medicine clinic near you and take it to them and let them have a look at it. You might be able to work out that something very simple can control that fluctuation but no one will know better that you , but I will tell you that based on my experience you are not paranoid ...day to day things differ. No one knows your own body better than you do.But don't panic , for me now I have worked out how to keep it constantly better ( 3 weeks now ) and I am determined to keep it up. If I can I am sure you will be able to do the same

I hope you find this helpful. Take care

2 posts