Not prescribed Wafarin - AF

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
NasserArif1

by NasserArif1 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:50 am

Not prescribed Wafarin - AF

I wanted to share an experience of a family friend who although was diagnosed with AF was not prescribed Warfarin (although he was prescribed with aspirin - not sure if that would have helped) and he later had a stroke. I was curious to see if it is common for a patient to not have been prescribed Warfarin after being diagnosed with AF. It would be interesting to hear if this has happened to a number of people.

OlgaMack

by OlgaMack on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:23 pm

Re: Not prescribed Wafarin - AF

I think it depends on what was causing the AF, and maybe there was a reason why your friend couldn't have warfarin.

JoDifferentStrokes

by JoDifferentStrokes on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: Not prescribed Wafarin - AF

Hello NasserArif1
Thank you for your question/comment. We are just preparing our newsletter and wondered if you would like us to submit a question to our Stroke Consultant on your behalf?

There is also a great helpline called the Brain and Spine Foundation which is staffed by nurses who will able to give you medical advice: 0808 808 1000.

Best wishes
Jo

3 posts