My second Christmas post-stroke

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
rudyardkitling

by rudyardkitling on Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:56 pm

My second Christmas post-stroke

Hello,

I'm Matt, I had a left middle cerebral artery (MCA) (right-sided) stroke roughly 19th months ago following a aortic valve replacement and a aortic aneurysm repair. I spent three weeks in hospital and therapy at home supported by the Early Supported Discharge Stroke team.

I've just been discharged from the Neuro therapy team and I feel good, I feel that I'm entering a new phase of my rehabilitation.

I started a blog a while ago and I've decided to resurrect it - http://onbeingwholeagain.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

I've worked really hard, physically and mentally and I now feel that I have something to give.

Happy Christmas

Matt

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: My second Christmas post-stroke

Thank you for your post Matt and it's great you are starting your blog again.

Would you be interested in exposing your blog to a wider audience via the talkhealth blog by having a blog spot? Also, would you be interested in being a brand ambassador in our forums and helping to guide and support others?

If this is of interest please email info@talkhealthpartnership.com and Rosy who looks after our communities can tell you more.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas.
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

rudyardkitling

by rudyardkitling on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 pm

Hiya, email's on it's way.

rudyardkitling

by rudyardkitling on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:15 pm

callawayirons10

by callawayirons10 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:55 am

Responding to your communication

hi
My name is Claire and I have suffered 3 strokes- the first one I lost the eyesight in my left eye.
The 2nd I have lost the use of my right side ,the arm is completely dead and the leg it manages to walk very slowly but I am walking. I spent 19 weeks in rehab but am getting there.
The 3rd one is the most awful to me because I am suffering panic attacks don't know when they start the stairs is awful now because the 2nd one from the top I get a attack so I have started using lifts it is a lot easier, I have had to get over my fear of lifts otherwise I wouldn't go anywhere.

I am still smiling and laughing and enjoying what time I have left with my husband .
Still up at ST,Thomas Hospital London for check ups.

Keep smiling and laughing you will find a way through this whatever it is

5 posts