Need your suggestions on neurological rehabilitation!!!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

1 post
Annaelmer

by Annaelmer on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:59 am

Need your suggestions on neurological rehabilitation!!!

Hi, recently my aunt survived a stroke. After the stroke, she is suffering from a condition called incontinence. This happens when the muscles that help to control urine are weakened. So she urinates unconsciously. Along with this, she has some problems in swallowing the food. Nowadays, she seems to be more worried about this. I shared these problems with my friends. One of them told me about a neurological rehabilitation center in Toronto. I searched on their website to know more about the treatment. I read that here both the services of physiotherapists and kinesiologists are available. They assist with specific therapeutic exercises to improve the strength, mobility, balance, and coordination and to decrease the impact of nervous system dysfunctions. We are planning to take an appointment from there. But before that, I would like to know the duration of this treatment. How long it takes to get the desired result? Is it possible to undergo other medications along with this treatment? She is a diabetic person and taking medicines for that too. If anybody knows about this, please let me know.
Last edited by talkhealth on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL advertising has been removed. Not permitted in these forums