My Physio was excellent, how was yours ?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
oliburn93

by oliburn93 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:48 pm

My Physio was excellent, how was yours ?

During my time in Hospital and when i was discharged i had excellent, physio.

Whilst in Hospital, i had intense physio.

When i was discharged from hospital , the early discharge team came to my house 3 times a week. They made it both challenging and enjoyable. I was pushed hard, but i have always enjoyed a challenge so i worked hard to meet my own goals.

This intense physio really worked for me, due to my age and determination. i believe this to be the reason for my excellent recovery.

What are your experiences of physio ?

SteveBowkes

by SteveBowkes on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: My Physio was excellent, how was yours ?

My own experience was that I had excellent Physio while in hospital, and was pushed reasonably hard though in my view the sessions didn't start early enough and not enough of them each week. On discharge I had nhs community physio for a few weeks but a lot of this didn't build on my previous treatment. I subsequently have two private Neuro physios who work to a common goal and communicate with each other and both have a very good approach. Its expensive but I believe its going in the right direction with improvements to my arm and walking.

2 posts