I am new to this Group

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
georgina37

by georgina37 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:56 pm

I am new to this Group

Hi my name is Georgina I am 37 years old and I had a stroke 2 months ago. I would love to get to know and chat with other Stroke Survivors. I am really struggeling with certain aspects of the after affects of my stroke. The following things I am struggeling with are:

1. My change of character
2. My moods
3. Fatigue
4. My memory

I am really struggeling to come to terms with my stroke and I would love to get some help & support from other Stroke Survivors

kirstilt

by kirstilt on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Re: I am new to this Group

Hi Georgina
We are new too. My name is Darren and my girlfriend Kirsti had 2 strokes about 7 weeks ago.
She is 46 and similarly is struggling with memory and fatige. She also can't read which is why I am replying on here.
Thought I would reply so you know you aren't the only one out there.
Kirsti is trying to find groups to try and talk as there doesn't seem to be much near us. The stroke association have been good. A lot of the groups nearish to us seem to be older people. Even different strokes which is for younger stroke survivors. We might have found one that is a bit more local though through different strokes so fingers crossed.

Headway are another good charity as they help with brain injury's.

Regards
Darren & Kirsti

JoDifferentStrokes

by JoDifferentStrokes on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Hello Georgina, Darren and Kirsti
Have you been to the Different Strokes website? We have an information pack available to download which provides help regarding the difficulties you are facing. http://www.differentstrokes.co.uk/index.php/adults

You can use our online chat or phone us to speak to younger stroke survivors who work in the office: 01908 317618 or 0845 130 7172.

We also have a very active facebook group where you can either just view comments or if you wish join in with conversations with younger stroke survivors. We find that many stroke survivors find it beneficial to chat to others which relieves the feeling of isolation (if you are experiencing that).

We also have survivor stories on our website: http://www.differentstrokes.co.uk/index ... ies-by-age

hope this helps,
best wishes
Jo

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:14 am

Welcome! Thank you for the support and advice. How are you all?

Keep in touch,
Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

4 posts