Scoliosis

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
person123

by person123 on Wed May 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Scoliosis

Hi, I’ve had what I am 99.99% sure is severe scoliosis for a bit over a year now. I went most of that time not knowing what it was, but recently I found out it is scoliosis. One day a year ago, it felt super hard to breathe but I stupidly never mentioned it because my parents have a tendency to not believe me. Now it’s much easier to breathe but I still can’t breathe in as deeply because it feels like my ribs are constricting my lungs. I’m afraid that this might’ve caused damage over that year because I never mentioned it to anyone because I didn’t know what it was. Does anyone have any input and/or has been through a similar circumstance?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri May 22, 2020 12:13 pm

Re: Scoliosis

Hi person123,

Thank you for posting on the forum. We hope that you will receive some replies soon from our other members who may have experienced something similar to you.

Please find a link below about scoliosis and a scoliosis support group that could be helpful in answering your question. Scroll down to 'Living with scoliosis:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/scoliosis/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

david0912

by david0912 on Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:19 am

Scoliosis is a dangerous disease. My friend is suffering from the same. He used to give lot of presentation to his students, now his confidence got shattered because of his figure and body movements. Now he stays at home and provide paper help in US to college students.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:20 pm

person123 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:37 pm
Hi, I’ve had what I am 99.99% sure is severe scoliosis for a bit over a year now. I went most of that time not knowing what it was, but recently I found out it is scoliosis. One day a year ago, it felt super hard to breathe but I stupidly never mentioned it because my parents have a tendency to not believe me. Now it’s much easier to breathe but I still can’t breathe in as deeply because it feels like my ribs are constricting my lungs. I’m afraid that this might’ve caused damage over that year because I never mentioned it to anyone because I didn’t know what it was. Does anyone have any input and/or has been through a similar circumstance?
Good excercise and working out can help you in this area. Running helps breathing. This sounds weird but drinking lots of pop makes it harder for me to breathe over time. A lot of fats do not help either.

4 posts