Facial Scarring

Post your burns and scars related questions for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
avril harvey

by avril harvey on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Facial Scarring

I have a very pronounced scar from my lip down my chin and neck due to surgery for oral cancel and removal for lymph nodes. Is any one aware of and product that will help me disguise it like some form of filler ?

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: Facial Scarring

Dear Avril,

thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am afraid there are no specific products to help but a proper camouflage advice could really help. Have you been seen in camouflage clinic?

I hope this might be of help.

with very best wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff CCT(Dermatol) FRCP(UK) FAAD FRSM
Consultant Dermatologist and Senior Lecturer
Member of British Association of Dermatologists
De Montfort University, Leicester Spire Hospital, Leicester Nuffield Health Hospital, Bedford BMI Manor Hospital
www.alexandroff.org.uk
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:33 am

Re: Facial Scarring

Dear Avril,

I would recommend that you seek help from the Skin Camouflage Service which is available through your GP or you can seek a private appointment. Any scar can be concealed as long as there is a colour difference between the scar and the surrounding skin.The appointment would involve colour matching, tuition and aftercare and would help you so much in managing the appearance of the scar. You can also apply make up over the top if you wanted too and most importantly the skin camouflage products are compatible with Heliocare and Uvistat SPF's.

It would be really worth while exploring the benefits of skin camouflage and I'm here if you need any practical support.

Kind regards,
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

3 posts