Hey Everyone! Advice and New Lotion Container Design Picture

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Henry Irvine

by Henry Irvine on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:22 am

Hey Everyone! Advice and New Lotion Container Design Picture

Hi everyone,

I have suffered from sever eczema my entire life, I know that the majority of the people on this forum have too. Everyday it is a constant pain, it completely ruined my self-confidence and it has given me anxiety. I just wanted to post on this forum to share with you my experience and to get your advice on a design.

I cannot emphasize how much stress affects you. Trust me when i say this with 16 years of eczema, stress will ruin you. As soon as you become anxious or worried or stressed about something, you will start scratching and you skin will start flaring up. I only just realized this about a year ago, when I came home from a hard day at school, with lots of assignments on my mind. I got extremely stressed out about them and immediately my skin flared up and i started scratching. Ever since then I have tried to live as calm and as peaceful a life as possible. IT WORKS. Stay calm, don't let anything get to you. You will notice a difference.

Another thing that I just realized is Artificial Colors and Flavors. They are another huge problem for me, I do not know if I am simply allergic to them or if they genuinely affect all eczema sufferers. As soon as eat one or the other my skin starts to flare withing 20 minutes of consumption. So, in my case I NEED to avoid them, I am not sure if that could be a cause for other peoples flare ups.

Also, you need to realize that it is impossible to prevent a flare up from happening, it will happen eventually. Keep in mind, if you get stressed about having a flare up your skin will get even worse. So you need to remain calm even with a flare up. When you do fare up there is one thing that i have found EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Take and anti-inflammatory pill such as Ibuprofen and an anti-histamine such as Claritin or Zyrtec. Then, use your steroid creams and a moisturizer. This method works exceptionally well for me to bring down a flare up.

That is the main advice I have for you guys. Now, I was wondering if you could help me out. I am an IB student partaking in the Design and Technology course. For one of my design projects I am making a Lotion container for eczema sufferers. It has an axis down the center that little containers hold lotion pivot on. This design will be useful as it allows you to bring lots of different kinds of lotions around with you. You could bring lip balm, moisturizer, steroid creams and Aloe Vera around with you in your pocket for instance. Also, the small separated containers allow you to bring it all on the plane, where you need creams the most. I am attaching some pictures of the design, it would mean the world if you guys could respond with any feedback for me about the design. Thank you

Good luck with your eczema,

Henry Irvine
Attachments
Here is a picture of the design
iso1.PNG (35.36 KiB) Viewed 11604 times
iso2.PNG (47.06 KiB) Viewed 11604 times

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:00 am

Re: Hey Everyone! Advice and New Lotion Container Design Pic

Hi,

Thanks for your sharing! Some thoughts on your container:

Do you mean put the creams in its existing packaging into your container? If so, I'm thinking it's quite bulky as would be simpler to ziploc them up if I want to categorize them. The other thing is that the concept looks similar to containers for packing milk powders, where each container is separate and can also be stacked. Also your container needs to take into account the size of existing packaging for creams... and if it's meant to be squeezed out into your container, then it would be exposed to contamination.

Take care,
mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

ClairePhillips

by ClairePhillips on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:01 am

Re: Hey Everyone! Advice and New Lotion Container Design Pic

Getting more ideas behalf of this blogs to research news training center for make a good speaker.

3 posts