Personality & The Emotional Effects of Eczema Uni Study

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

17 posts
Kel25

by Kel25 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: Personality & The Emotional Effects of Eczema Uni Study

Yeah, we watched Gloria in class - her daughter has written a book about what it was like growing up with people knowing who's kid she was!
And yep, you're right, if I really wanted to do it I'd find a way to make it happen - but I dont think I'm ready to make the sacrifices that would take - maybe one day though eh!
I'm just writing an essay comparing Person Centred with CBT and Psychodynamic actually - all very interesting but person centered wouldnt be for me I dont think. Ive been on the receiving end of CBT too and I dont think thats all that the NHS want it to be either!!

ricksa82

by ricksa82 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Now that is a claim to fame! Although at times you do get the sense that those interviews were a bit staged!

Psychodynamic was considered as the first force in psychology, biological approach etc driven by libido, OALPG stages, and bringing unconsciousness into consciousness. Humanistic and the "classic Rogerian theory and model (if it can even be considered as a model!) grew out of dissatisfaction with psychodynamic and can be seen as a more holistic approach and an existential theory of life and living and being comfortable in your own skin and being in the moment, while CBT grew out of both previous models and was backed by the empirical driving force of hard cold "facts" and science and does what it says on the tin in dealing with adverse thoughts, cognitions and adverse behaviours. and the NHS love it with it being an incredibly short-term brief therapy and its cheap cheap cheap, everything by numbers etc.

Possible conclusion? Good luck :)

Kel25

by Kel25 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Wow pity I;d already handed it in - could have copied all that (only joing really, before you chase after me!)

And thanks, I'm becoming more and more interested in the psychology side of things, even sent off for uni info - whatever next!!??

ricksa82

by ricksa82 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Whatever next!

Its worth looking into and considering, what Uni is this?

Kel25

by Kel25 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:10 am

Leeds Met - its a psychology and criminology BA - maybe just pie in the sky yet but we'll see

ricksa82

by ricksa82 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:45 pm

A Bachelor of Arts in Psychology? Heres me thinking Psychology was a science? Hold on...wait a minute!

Sounds cool, sometimes when people do a joint honours and etc they can end up moving to just do straight psych after the first year, Like majoring. Its also worth checking if the degree is accredited by any of the regulatory bodies like the British Psychological Association (BPS) or equivalent, as it works out best for you in the long run, however you may have to major in Psych to do enough of the core modules for that accreditation. Also is it an honours degree? (Your final year dissertation / independent study makes up the honours part of your degree). So many questions, and a lot to consider, and worth looking into still, glad you made that first move, and theres no harm in showing up at an odd open day here and there..... :)

Kel25

by Kel25 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 am

Thanks so much - will check it all out, much appreciated

17 posts