Eczema affect on lifestyle / physcial activity and sport

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
brunel_eczema

by brunel_eczema on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Eczema affect on lifestyle / physcial activity and sport

Hi there,

I am a design student at Brunel University London, completing my final year of studies. My final project this year revolves around the difficulties living with eczema causes on on peoples physical activity and involvement in sports.
I would love to be able to talk to a few people in regards to this subject to gain a further insight from people who experience this condition? I myself have eczema so i do have an understanding, however it's great to have as much input as possible as part of my research.

I thought this could be a great place for people to share their difficulties when they like to be active or achieve a goal, share what treatments they use now and what they would like to see in the market.

If there is anything which I could be a part of, please let me know - it would be a great help.

Many thanks,
Katie

Eczemakemecry

by Eczemakemecry on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:28 am

Re: Eczema affect on lifestyle / physcial activity and sport

Hi there. I have eczema and I'm fairly active. I go to the gym about 6 times a week . As for my eczema, I have it on my neck, scalp, armpit area, and both elbow pits ( or whatever the opposite side of your elbow is called lol). For the most part, my eczema doesn't interfere with my active lifestyle. However, if my workouts get me really sweaty, the salt from my sweat makes the eczema areas sting like hell (because forcing myself to do cardio isn't hard enough already).

In addition, whenever I do any "pulling" exercises, I'm rubbing the skin in my armpit area and that irritates my eczema as well, but I just power through it.

2 posts