Help please!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

8 posts
bekka00

by bekka00 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:06 am

Help please!

Hi everyone, I am new to these forums, but I did sign up a while ago (I had to end up reregistering but thats irrelevant!...) - it's been so nice reading stories from other people who suffer too! I don't know many people that have eczema, so its relieving to read things that make me think I'm not alone! I've had it my whole life (20 years!) and know it's hard trying to express the feeling and frustration to people who don't know the sensation of eczema (and constant itching!!)

Anyway, I don’t want this to come across as spam, but I’m actually at University studying Graphic Design, and have decided to do an independent project on eczema awareness (and the psychological effects behind eczema). It would mean so so much if you took a minute of your time to fill out this quick questionnaire – thanks so much!!

Oh, and Happy New Year! :)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/53G7J7M

hodakamc

by hodakamc on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:39 am

Re: Help please!

Your independent study sounds like a great idea. I'm 20 and in school too and I have to convince myself to go to class most of the time especially when my skins bad. But I live with and try to keep friends who don't care what my skin looks like day to day. Keep up the good work!

bekka00

by bekka00 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Oh I know I'm the same - I've had to miss lectures before just because my neck looks like its on fire! I think I'm lucky my housemates all understand, but there are still times when I don't want to go out clubbing (because my eczema is so obvious - and alcohol tends to make it worse!) and they wonder why - but maybe they just see past it? Thanks so much for the positive feedback anyway! :)

CinammonWaffleJ

by CinammonWaffleJ on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:37 am

This is possibly the BEST idea in the world! I'd love to see more campaigning! Especially if it helps kids that have to go through the tormenting that often comes with it!
Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.- Peter Pan ♥

lucyconnor

by lucyconnor on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:50 pm

I think this is great!

When I look through the internet at things about Eczema, all I seem to find is pictures of people with dry skin etc. I think awareness needs to be raised on the more severe cases.

If you need stories or photos I would be happy to help.

bekka00

by bekka00 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks so much for the positive feedback - I completely agree though! Lucy, that would be a great help - maybe you could PM me some stories if that's okay? (I think I'm okay for pictures for now but thanks anyway!)

If anyone else feels they want to send me anything relevant just PM me, and I'll try and read it as soon as I can :) xx

Helen24

by Helen24 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi Bekka

I love your idea of a survey - it's about time eczema got more recognition as an illness. I can totally relate to many of the stories on here, having had eczema for 5 years. What people don't always understand is the psychological effect - I didn't go out of my house for a whole 5 days last week because I couldn't bear the thought of people looking at me.

bonfish

by bonfish on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:05 am

wonderful wonderful wonderful i dont think people realise how much of a huge psychological effect eczema has on its sufferers this is absolutely wonderful news to see someone finally pursuing this i myself suffer from extreme anxiety and will frequently do all that i can to not go out or leave the house when my skin is bad it has such a huge effect not only on myself but also my partner and family so all the best for the study =)

8 posts