Allergies

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with vitiligo, ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
kaikoura

by kaikoura on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:35 am

Allergies

According to expert dermatologists and expensive tests and biopsies, I have Jennings Disease.
I also have Dermatographism, allergy to sun and allergy to limonene, linalool, Tea tree oil, Eucalyptus oil, Fragrance, and Perfume.

The question is
Does the citric acid monohydrate in Clobetasol cream make it an unwise choice of steroid treatment?
Many thanks,
Atamarie

Julie Van Onselen

by Julie Van Onselen on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:02 am

Re: Allergies

Hi Atamarie
It sounds like you have sensitive skin and several allergies, it would be impossible to know if preservatives and added ingredients in steroids creams would be irritant for you, unless this is a diagnosed allergen as a result of patch testing by a dermatologist. So, perhaps the simple advice is to avoid steroid creams and use ointments instead, as they have fewer preservatives and added ingredients. Clobetasol is avialable in ointment form, so maybe discuss a change of formulation with your GP for your next prescription. I hope this helps.
Julie
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

2 posts