Rare skin condition

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with vitiligo, ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
KThomas78

by KThomas78 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:32 am

Rare skin condition

so for the last ten years my skin as been taken over by a rash under the skin. It started on my chest then over the years it as spread all over my body. I have been to see 2 different consults on the NHS both told me different things. The last one advised that there was nothing they can do. The rash doesn't iratate me unless I get warm then it really itches especially when I exercise. The rash is really effect my life as I have lost all my confidence and just want some help and answers...can you advise and suggest any private consultants that may be able to help?

Julie Van Onselen

by Julie Van Onselen on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: Rare skin condition

Hello, I am so sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with your skin. I wonder if you have been given any diagnosis? If not, this is incredibly frustrating for you and I agree you should perhaps seek a further opinion privately. Unfortunately, under the terms of The Medicines Act, we are not able to recommend any dermatologists to you directly. I suggest you 'google' private dermatologists in your area and read their biographies and then decide who you would like to see. You may still need a referral from your GP; but call the dermatologists private secretary to discuss. I wish you all the very best and I hope you get answers, a diagnosis and appropriate treatment soon. Julie
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

2 posts