Page 1 of 1

Rare skin condition

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:32 am
by KThomas78
so for the last ten years my skin as been taken over by a rash under the skin. It started on my chest then over the years it as spread all over my body. I have been to see 2 different consults on the NHS both told me different things. The last one advised that there was nothing they can do. The rash doesn't iratate me unless I get warm then it really itches especially when I exercise. The rash is really effect my life as I have lost all my confidence and just want some help and answers...can you advise and suggest any private consultants that may be able to help?

Re: Rare skin condition

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:35 pm
by Julie Van Onselen
Hello, I am so sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with your skin. I wonder if you have been given any diagnosis? If not, this is incredibly frustrating for you and I agree you should perhaps seek a further opinion privately. Unfortunately, under the terms of The Medicines Act, we are not able to recommend any dermatologists to you directly. I suggest you 'google' private dermatologists in your area and read their biographies and then decide who you would like to see. You may still need a referral from your GP; but call the dermatologists private secretary to discuss. I wish you all the very best and I hope you get answers, a diagnosis and appropriate treatment soon. Julie