Daughter is suffering with vitiligo - help?

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with vitiligo, ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:42 am

Daughter is suffering with vitiligo - help?

On behalf of our guest visitor, Rossana:
My 17 year old beautiful daughter is suffer from vitiligo Is only in her back of her neck.
And her left side of her eye.
We had been already two different doctors in harlequin street but always not much help.
You must understand the stress of my beautiful sweet daughter so young to have to delete with it.
Any help will be big appreciated
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Daughter is suffering with vitiligo - help?

Thank you for your question. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter problem.
Vitiligo can be difficult to treat but there are a few treatments available.
There is tacrolimus ointment and there is pimecrolimus cream which can be tried.
Special UVB phototherapy (in hospital) may also be very helpful especially for vitiligo on the face and neck. And more treatments are being developed (I tweet about new vitiligo treatments as soon as more information becomes available).

You may like to see a Dermatologist to consider treatment with tacrolimus, pimecrolimus or phototherapy.

If you would like to read more about vitiligo or available treatments you can go to my website www.alexandroff.org.uk

I hope this might be of help.

with very best wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff CCT(Dermatol) FRCP(UK) FAAD FRSM
Consultant Dermatologist and Senior Lecturer
Member of British Association of Dermatologists
De Montfort University, Leicester Spire Hospital, Leicester Nuffield Health Hospital, Bedford BMI Manor Hospital
www.alexandroff.org.uk
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:01 am

Re: Daughter is suffering with vitiligo - help?

Dear Rossana,

Vitiligo is such a visible skin condition due to the contrast of colour and it must be very difficult for you both.

There is treatment available called skin camouflage which will certainly hide and conceal the colour difference. If your daughter imagines that her skin colour is all the same then that is exactly what can be achieved.

An NHS or Private skin camouflage appointment would involve colour matching, tuition and all the after care necessary to ensure that she can manage independently and have the confidence to know that it will stay on. She will able to use her make as normal if she wishes to.

There is a good supply of realistic before and after images showing exactly what can be achieved with skin camouflage, some of these are similar to your daughters vitiligo at: www.skincamouflageservices.co.uk

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need help with any aspect of treatment, application or products.

Kind regards
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

3 posts