Blisters and broken skin - what's causing this?

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with vitiligo, ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderators: talkhealth, talkhealth, talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:12 pm

by Guest Posts on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:46 am

Blisters and broken skin - what's causing this?

On behalf of our guest visitor, Anna:
I've got a condition on my right foot that is like tiny little pussy, bloody blisters, but at the same time there's loads of redness, burning and broken skin. I've been told it's eczema or psoriasis? It was originally (5yrs ago) on left foot. And in 2013 I was told I have spinal degeneration and for the last 18 months I've had DVT, a blockage rear knee and clot forming in upper thigh. Due to previous history with blood clots I've been put on a fairly new tablet I'm to stay on forever to stop clots forming. All the DVT etc is also in my right leg. Nothing seems to work to clear my foot up either?
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

User avatar
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:23 pm

by wendygreen on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:07 pm

Re: Blisters and broken skin - what's causing this?


The condition you describe on your right foot sounds like dyshydrotic dermatitis - also known as pompholyx; this causes many of the symptoms you describe - intense itching and burning, followed by tiny blisters which can ooze and become infected if burst.

Although you say you have also had problems with DVT in your right leg for the past year and a half, your skin condition was evident on your left foot about three and a half years earlier, so I'm not sure that the two are linked.

The usual treatment for dyshydrotic dermatitis is hydrocortisone cream and antibiotics if the skin is infected - if you've tried these to no avail I suggest you revisit your GP and ask to be referred to a dermatologist, who should be able to diagnose and treat the problem.

Good luck!

Wendy Green
Health Expert & Author - BSc (Hons) Health Studies ... _green.php

2 posts